Church of the Presidents
A member of the Unitarian Universalist
Association of Congregations
IN-PERSON AND ON ZOOM
Grace and forgiveness are significant but loaded concepts in many major religions. Largely absent from Buddhist thought, “grace” is thought ...
IN-PERSON AND ON ZOOM
HISTORIC TOURS OF THE CHURCH AND CRYPT FROM APRIL 18 TO NOVEMBER 11 FOR THE 2022 TOUR SEASON.
Tour Times: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm. Sundays: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Wednesdays: closed.
There is no admission fee, but donations are welcome as the program is funded through the gifts of visitors. The suggested donation is $5.00 for adults and $4.00 for seniors and students. Children under 12 are free. No reservation is necessary, unless it is a larger group.
Revised March 22. 2022
UFPC has created a series of practices to cover our activities during the Church Year that spans September, 2021 – June, 2022. These policies are subject to revision as needed based on the evolving circumstances of the ongoing pandemic and the best counsel from health professionals and best practices.
UFPC encourages all people to be mindful of any symptoms (fever, cough, loss of smell and/or taste, flu-like symptoms) and to stay home while they have these symptoms.
We are entering a phase in the pandemic when each person’s needs may be different. Each person’s need – physical and emotional – should be respected with care.
● Wearing a mask or face covering is WELCOME, but not required. We encourage everyone to assess their own physical and emotional health need to determine how mask wearing best serves them.
● We will maintain a positive approach by posting signs that communicate that “Masks are Welcome Here”.
● Social distancing is welcome; we encourage people to be intentional and mindful of one another’s comfort with physical distancing.
● Social distancing will be encouraged in the sanctuary, including blocking off every other pew. Worship Leaders, Ushers, and Greeters should be masked as a sign of care when interacting with members, friends and visitors when social distancing cannot be maintained.
● Food can be served in the Parish Hall and Dining Room. We encourage food be served in individual packages or in pre-cut portions to minimize any contamination or congestion around the serving table. Self-service is also recommended to avoid congestion.
● Maximize ventilation when possible, such as running air filter, or opening windows or doors.
● Masks will be required in the Presidential Crypt due to its small size and limited ventilation.
● CHOIR (revised practices are under discussion with the choir members and the director of music)
● In the case of a known COVID exposure on the property, attendees of that event will be notified, and will be encouraged to get tested.
Sanctuary: 200 people. (50 percent capacity)
Presidential Crypt: 12 people, with masks required
All other spaces will be organized in order to ensure approximately a 3-foot social distancing given the square footage of each room. This results in the following room capacities:
● Parish Hall: 40
● Parlor: 14
● Lobby: 10
● Ministers Study: 4
● Dining Room: 30
● Kitchen: 10
● Large Classroom: 14
● Early Childhood Classroom: 8
● Youth Room: 6
● Nursery: 6
● Crypt Corridor: 12
For requests not covered here, individuals and groups should speak with David Bousquin, UFPC Office and Property Manager, who will present each request to the ad hoc space use committee that will continue to function throughout the 2021-2022 Church Year.
David may be reached at:
Office and Property Manager
United First Parish Church
1306 Hancock Street
Quincy, Massachusetts 02169
1306 Hancock Street, Quincy, Massachusetts 02169, United States
The summer office hours [June 20 to September 9] are Tuesday–Friday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm or by appointment.
We are wheelchair accessible! We have an access ramp and automatic door opening system that allows folks to safely enter our building. We have an elevator available to allow our differently-abled visitors to reach all levels of the building, including our crypts. We also have an ADA-accessible restroom available to all visitors for our visitors program or those who come to our services on Sunday. We have a wheelchair available for use on-site if you find yourselves needing one after you arrive.
Copyright © 2020 United First Parish Church - All Rights Reserved.